Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Journey of June & July - Part 7

On June 30th we packed up from our campground in Kings Canyon and moved to Hume Lake campground in Sequoia National Park.




We set up camp and then enjoyed some time down by Hume Lake, wading, swimming, and watching these pretty ducks swim around too.




July 1st rolled around we spent the day doing a few different things. I wasn't feeling too good, so some of us decided to spend the day down at the lake just chilling. But Nathan, his dad, and sister Cristen, decided to hike up to Buck Rock a few miles down the road. The following pictures were all taken by Nathan along the way.
















Park rangers take rotating shifts staying up in this "cabin" of sorts on top of buck rock for several days at a time, as a look out for the surrounding area. They watch out for fires and other such things.  



It was a lot of steps but as you can see it was well worth the trek for such an awesome view! I was really glad Nathan took the camera with him so I could see what I missed out on. Though I had so much fun tubing with the rest of the family, I wasn't too bummed. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment